@jonasled You can enable more verbose error reporting with AT+CMEE=2. That will tell you what kind of error you have.
Quectel usually has their own version for every command so SARA N211 commands will not work.
What I can think of:
- Make sure you have the latest firmware
- Make sure the SIM works (try with a different module?)
- Make sure the antenna is properly connected
- Make sure you are in range of a network (scan with AT+COPS=?)
- Make sure you have a proper powersupply/cable (especially some USB supplies can be bad)
- Make sure you have the correct LTE bands enabled
- It should autoconnect to an available network but if it doesn’t you can force it with AT+COPS