cme error: 30 / cme error: no network service
Since about a week we’ve been giving IoT connection a go with a RPI 4 + sixfab cellular IoT hat (Quectel BG96MA chip).
After connecting the IoT hat with the RPI & inserting the sim, we tought we would be able to start sending AT commands like the documentation shows
Everything seems fine until this command:
After several minutes the minicom terminal says:
+CME ERROR: no network serviceor without verbose messaging
+CME ERROR: 30
As the steps suggest, we’ve registered the IMEI of our Quectel BG96MA chip within our T-mobile IoT platform, hoping this would be fine.
Things we’ve tried:
- Configuring following the steps from this document
- Configuring following these steps. But since some of the commands aren’t usable with the Quectel BG96 chip, we sort of got stuck there.
- This is until the last 2 steps, “successful”.
- This didn’t help us that much, but we’ve tried anyway.
- Tried some of the steps in this document but since it is for a different chip, we didn’t succeed.
We think that there is some configuration error somewhere in our files, but we are currently stuck and haven’t got a clue on how to fix this issue.
Thank you in advance!
Just after posting, I struck upon this topic and was able to succesfully connect.
Now I’am figuring out how to setup the socket and start sending Hello world! messages.
I will do my best to keep you updated!