We do these tests in parallel to normal network maintenance and improvement measures and we can share some preliminary results in CE-0 conditions from measurements in our Labs.
• Up to 200 devices can attach successfully simultaneously within 10 minutes under the condition that they do not immediately send data after a successful attach.
• Average round trip time (RTT) increases with increasing number of parallel transmitting devices. A randomization of transmission attempts leads to reduction of RTT and potentially improvement of battery lifetime
• With regards to the initial attach, only a small number of devices should be activated simultaneously (max. 60 devices)
• With regards to the regular data transmission with good signal level the following was observed:
• Failure rates increase with more than 160 devices trying to send 100 byte of data within one second
• Introducing a randomization timer of at least 40 seconds solves this limitation
• Avoiding synchronized data transmission results in better share of coverage levels across all devices
• Implication - Customers should avoid synchronized attaches and data-transmission of their devices