We would like:
- Accuracy of 3 to 5 meters latitude / longitude
- Correct altitude measurement(up to 1 meter, for certain use cases even more important than lat and longitude). This is for height measurements in building so that floor levels can be determined accurately
- We would like secured connections to the service, preferably a VPN
- A process that clients can be checked if they are to be trusted(we don’t want to deliver this sensitiedata to bad people with sinister plans)
- Adjustable frequency of positioning, higher frequency means paying more. High frequency is refresh every second(for emergencies for instance)
- Possibility to cross reference/compare the data with GPS data out of the field
- A way to determine which radio’s on which cell towers are used, this will be important if the target is moving.
- A service which checks the availability of the positioning service and availability of data
- Is the data available on all networks(2G, 3G, 4G - NB-IoT/LTE-M enabled devices). My / Our assumption is that it is, as long as three cell towers/radio’s can be connected to.
- Are changes necessary in the firmware of cellular modules to use the service?
- Is the data available as a service, so do we receive aggregated data. Or do we receive lang, long and altitude plus data where the data is retrieved from(cell towers and radio’s plus the signal strength data which comes with it?
- Is the service strictly available on the network of T-Mobile? Or is the data still available when roaming takes place to other networks?
- How reliable is the service, especially on moving targets, when roaming is necessary?
- How accurate is the service? Or how accurate can you get?
- To which height is the service still available(we have gone up to 2,5 kilometers on NB-IoT). Ewout Karel has done about 300 - 500 meters on a relatively fast moving target