Not able to connect BG96



  • I have a RAK5010 module with a Quectel BG96. According the logs it seems that the device connects successfully, but the device is not registered in the T-Mobile dashboard.
    I have updated the BG96 firmware to 01.017.01.017.

    Below you can find the logs of the AT commands.

    00> 
    00> 
    00> ==== Start NB-IoT App ====
    00> [BG96|bg96Setup] BG96 Starting
    00> [BG96|sendAT] AT | Error
    00> 
    00> RDY
    00> [BG96|sendAT] AT | Error
    00> 
    00> APP RDY
    00> AT
    00> 
    00> OK[BG96|sendAT] AT | Oke
    00> [Main] Setup | Oke
    00> 
    00> AT
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT&F
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+GMM
    00> 
    00> BG96
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+GMR
    00> 
    00> BG96MAR02A07M1G
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QAPPVER
    00> 
    00> +QAPPVER: 01.017.01.017
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+CGSN
    00> 
    00> [REMOVED/MASKED]
    00> 
    00> OK[Main] BasicData | Oke
    00> 
    00> AT+CFUN=0
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QCFG="BAND",1,1,80,1
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QCFG="NWSCANMODE",3,1
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QCFG="NWSCANSEQ",030102,1
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QCFG="IOTOPMODE",1,1
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QCFG="ROAMSERVICE",255,1
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+CFUN=1
    00> 
    00> OK[Main] Network Settings | Oke
    00> 
    00> AT+CIMI
    00> 
    00> [REMOVED/MASKED]
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+COPS=0
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","CDP.IOT.T-MOBILE.NL"
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+COPS=1,2,"20416",9
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+CSQ
    00> 
    00> +CSQ: 14,99
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QNWINFO
    00> 
    00> +QNWINFO: "CAT-NB1","20416","LTE BAND 8",3747
    00> 
    00> OK[Main] Network Connect | Oke
    00> 
    00> AT+CPSMS=0
    00> 
    00> OK[Main] Disable PSM | Oke
    00> 
    00> AT
    00> 
    00> OK[BG96|sendAT] AT | Oke
    00> [Main] Check device | Oke
    00> [BG96|sendData] RSSI=14
    00> 
    00> AT+QIACT=1
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QIACT?
    00> 
    00> +QIACT: 1,1,1,"10.128.1.79"
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QIOPEN=1,0,"UDP","172.27.131.100",15683
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> 
    00> +QIOPEN: 0,0
    00> AT+QISEND=0,7
    00> 
    00> > 1A1A1gy
    00> SEND OK
    00> AT+QICLOSE=0
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QIDEACT=1
    00> 
    00> OK[Main] Send data | Oke
    00> 
    00> AT
    00> 
    00> OK[BG96|sendAT] AT | Oke
    00> [Main] Check device | Oke
    00> [BG96|sendData] RSSI=19
    00> 
    00> AT+QIACT=1
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QIACT?
    00> 
    00> +QIACT: 1,1,1,"10.128.1.79"
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QIOPEN=1,0,"UDP","172.27.131.100",15683
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> 
    00> +QIOPEN: 0,0
    00> AT+QISEND=0,7
    00> 
    00> > 1A1A1gy
    00> SEND OK
    00> AT+QICLOSE=0
    00> 
    00> OK
    00> AT+QIDEACT=1
    00> 
    00> OK[Main] Send data | Oke
    

    For another device/PoC I used roughly the same AT commands and there I have a succeful connection. Is my device blocked by the server or something? Who can help?

    Thanks in advance.

    Martin


  • Deutsche Telekom IoT

    Can you share the last 3 numbers of your IMEI?


  • Deutsche Telekom IoT

    PM is possible as well 🙂



  • It seems to be an issue in the T-Mobile dashboard with registering new devices. The backend still works so apps connected via an API still receive the messages.


  • Deutsche Telekom IoT

    Still working on it… keep you posted!


  • Deutsche Telekom IoT

    We’re still looking for the root cause. If that didn’t work out this afternoon, we will simply restart the component in question.


  • Deutsche Telekom IoT

    Unfortunately still no root cause. But we have enough logs for further troubleshooting.

    We just restarted the affected component. As of now, you should be able to see the payloads again. Maybe you need to delete and register the device before you see result.


  • Deutsche Telekom IoT

    Unfortunately it didn’t work out, what we tried yesterday. Please follow this topic for new updates.


Log in to reply