IoT Creators Bug Tracker 🐞
This post is deleted!
The import-via-CSV function in the portal is not totally clear to me.
- The IMEI in the first row is ignored. I think it might be good to state that somewhere.
- Only the first 3 rows (after the ignored initial) are imported.
More rows make the process end with an unclear error stating the devices could not be imported. But the first 3 are imported anyway.
I checked but I was able to import the IMEI in row 4 without problems.
This is the error message:
Only happens with more than 1 device
Hi Maarten Good news: we were already aware of this, it is fixed and will be deployed in the next release. The original idea was to have a first row for headers (as you can see in the import dialog), but we also found this not a 100% clear/obvious. So our dev-team came up with a solution to auto-detect whether the first line includes a header or an IMEI. It should of course also removes the error of adding more than just 3 IMEIs.
It might just be a ‘regular’ 30 seconds script timeout. (Because it errs around 30 seconds after clicking the IMPORT DEVICES button)
Hi @Florian-Duecker, Great to hear that!
I’m not seeing the suggestion about a row for headers in the import dialog. I’ve really looked for it. So it’s great to hear you will be doing auto detect.
Can I make some other suggestions?
- The feedback now disappears after a couple of seconds. It would be great to leave this so there’s no need to wait for it when importing a large list. Maybe even e-mail the results?
- The import procedure now halts on a single-IMEI-import-error (e.g. the IMEI is already known) but it’s not clear what the error is or which IMEI’s were succesfully imported. This could (should) be made clear in the feedback.
- Be clear about which labels are allowed for the protocols. Because of the errors I was not sure if it should be CoAP or COAP or NEUL or ? Are they required anyway? Because when entering a single device (after the very first device) there is no option to choose a protocol.
@Florian-Duecker another request/suggestion:
Can you make the registration in the portal so that if registration is successful but subscription is not the registration is discarded?
I’m having to manually check the imported devices for subscription because some of them are successfully registered but were not added to the application.
In regards to the CSV upload: I think most of your wishes will be fulfilled by the updated version. It will be deployed in the next days and it would be great to get your feedback then. In regards to the supported formats - at the moment is is UDP and COAP (we might change the identifier to NEUL in the future). See also here: https://forum.iotcreators.com/topic/715/batch-import-excel-csv
In regards to the subscription, I’m not sure if I understand you correctly. Is this happening when registering the device via CSV? Is this related? Or is this an unrelated problem that even occurs when you register the device “manually”? When you enter an application endpoint it should automatically create the subscription!
@Florian-Duecker I suggest to put the instructions from https://forum.iotcreators.com/topic/715/batch-import-excel-csv into the docs.
In regards to the subscription: It will probably be fixed with the update but this is what I mean:
When importing devices, one device was successfully added to “all devices” as I could see by polling the API.
But it was not added to the subscription as I could see by polling the subscription API endpoint.
So I guess somewhere between adding and subscribing, things went haywire.
Looking forward to the update!
The bugfix for the csv-import-error will be deployed Wed, 7.7.2021
Only thing left is some descriptive labels in the English locale
(And what are those mysterious crossroads DELETEing?)
It’s a lot faster as well! It never crossed 5 seconds. So I’m not sure what will happen when one is set to import hundreds and crosses a time limit.
Thanks for the feedback! Will pass it to the developers and create another bug ticket for the labels and we will also investigate the crossroad delete!