I agree this can be a bit confusing, but this is currently necessary for the portal to work correctly.
Devices added are visible for both
^ This is correct; devices belong to a project and both users belong to the same project.
The application added through portal will NOT be subscribed to devices added through API
^ This a bug and we are working on a fix for this
The application added through API seems tp be subscribed to devices added through portal (or is it?)
^ as far as I know only the subscription of the portal is updated, not your own subscriptions
It’s not possible to verify through portal what you did through API
^ this is correct. As the api provides a lower level access with more flexibility, it is currently not possible to show what you did in the portal.
Most of these issues you can workaround by using the mysubscriptions endpoint you will only see the subscriptions of your own user; not the portal user.
The reasoning behind the different functionality in the api / portal was to have an option for users needing more functionality than offered by the portal (ie: multiple endpoints) by giving them access to the underlying api … downside is the complexity of it.
Ideally the portal should cover all the functionality and we have and we can add an high level api so you can automate all the actions you do in the portal. So if you have any suggestions on what functionality is missing that you need the api for, let us know your use-case so we can see if that is a good fit for integration in the portal.
Release Notes - IoT Creators - Version 1.0.39 - Released 28.08.2022 Bug
* [IC-5450] - Shows memberId instead of names in forum and “undefined” on web page
* [IC-5451] - “Create account” button active even if password is not fulfilling the minimum requirements
* [IC-5471] - Closed projects are shown longer than 60 days - corrected text
* [IC-5412] - [Account activation] Add waiting time before “re-sending” the account activation email
* [IC-5425, IC-5429, IC-5430] - [ORDER FLOW] Design & content changes, improved sequence of the screens
* [IC-5439] - improved IMEI validation for device registration
* [IC-5444] - preparation for upcoming feature of uplink message store
* [IC-5452] - Replace bearer type logos (NB-IoT/LTE-M) in project and show the selected “data delivery” model instead
* [IC-5454] - Implementation of FOTA upload GUI in our portal for paid plans
* [IC-5472] - Send email verification when user changes email to new email
Not so much a question as an observation : After registering the second application, no messages arrive. Unlike the first endpoint, which just automatically gets all data from your project, you will have to ‘subscribe’ to the resources of a specific device before the data of that device is sent to the second endpoint.
If your device has transmitted data it has "auto registered’ to the main account and can not be claimed by any project account anymore. Everyday at approx. 8 AM devices get cleared again from the main account and can be registered again.
Hoi @David-van-Manen ik zie dat we hier nooit op gereageerd heb. Het toevoegen van een poortnummer op de juiste plaats moet gewoon kunnen. Wel moet er een webserver draaien die in eerste instantie 200 OK respons geeft op een leeg bericht.